Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Box Lots At Auctions "Love Them"

I am always a sucker for the Dollar {$1} box that no one wants at the auction. It is like treasure hunting for me.

As the Auctioneer rattles off his cadence, starting High then getting to $1. "who will give me a dollar, who will give me a dollar, Dollar anyone, anyone, One dollar"

He looks around and just about as he is going to say no sale! I way my hand and snatch it up. Now the wonder begins. Do I own a box of garbage that other people have picked through all the good stuff and just did a "recycle" with the junk?

I say to myself, what do I have to lose, it's like buying a scratch off ticket.  Well, like gambling when you get lucky and find a sweet prize in that box of junk, it only makes you want to buy more boxes and take a chance.

This time I think I got lucky and over the years I have learned to look closer at the dollar  boxes.

My best find this weekend was this ES Lowe Chess set, it looks like Bakelite and sets are selling for $25 on line without the board.

So I just cleaned it up and I will let you know what happens.








No comments:

Post a Comment